Monday, June 21, 2010

Mike and Bonnie need a hug

The next time you run into my parents, give them a huge hug. They deserve it. Braeden and I knew that running the ministry would take some effort on our part but we had no idea all of the time and energy that my parents have to put into each day to keep the ministry going. And we don't even have complete responsibility for everything. From organizing flights to delivering money to new orphanage sites, coordinating the intern schedules, trying to get doors varnished before they warp and keeping the Hacienda running, it has definitely been a busy two weeks since my parents have left. Not to mention the numerous phone calls a day requesting everything from information about a little girl's eye operation to payment for a load of bricks. It requires extreme patience at times, especially when you are trying to answer the question in a different language while you are in the car and the phone is breaking up on the other end. I have always felt that my dad is the most patient person I have ever met, but after these past two weeks, I am in awe that it is possible for him to be as happy and laid back as he is all the time and be dealing with the pressure of this ministry's responsibilities. Not to mention my mother, who goes day after day not knowing what new surprises will pop up from the water pump burning out and the plumber out of town, to mothers at baby washing asking for different medications for their children. What we have learned so far from doing what my parents do on a daily basis is that you have to seriously love and be obsessed with the ministry to continue on for eight years and still be as happy as my parents are.









2 comments:

  1. You and your family ARE amazing. I miss all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that! They are such an inspiring couple. Not only in the way they operate their mission, but in the way they love their family. They definitely serve as examples I admire :)

    ReplyDelete